Join the League's Grassroots Lobby CorpsJoin the Lobby Corps
Becoming a Lobby Corps member is one of the most impactful ways you can use your voice for legislative victories and policy change that will protect and strengthen democracy in New Jersey.
What is the Lobby Corps?
Lobby Corps members are the eyes and ears of the League in legislative districts across the state. The Lobby Corps tracks bills coming out of Trenton, fights back against attempts to undermine our democracy, and advocates for legislation that empowers voters and strengthens democracy.
Lobby Corps members can select issues they are passionate about, attend educational workshops on the issue, and learn best practices for discussing these issues with their legislators and other stakeholders. Lobby Corps members should be prepared to attend rallies, meetings, and other events in their district and Trenton. You will play a key role in advancing the League's advocacy priorities.
To join the Lobby Corps, you must be a member of LWVNJ or one of the local Leagues in New Jersey.
What will you do as a Lobby Corps Volunteer?
- Learn the fundamentals of the legislative process and effective grassroots lobbying strategies
- Participate in a training program to develop knowledge and expertise on critical issues the League is advocating on
- Serve as an ambassador for legislation by testifying at committee hearings and conducting meetings with your state legislators
How can you get involved?
- Lobby Corps Member
- Lobby Corps District Captain
- Lobby Corps Volunteer Lobbyist
Sign up today to participate in an upcoming meeting with your elected officials or a Lobby Day at the New Jersey State House!Join the Lobby Corps