These forms must be mailed or hand delivered to your county
Commissioner of Registration or Superintendent of Elections.
Faxed copies cannot be accepted because an original signature is
required to register. If you have any questions about registering,
please contact the League of Women Voters of New Jersey
at 1-800-792-VOTE (8683).
Who May Register To VoteYou can register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen,
- You are at least 17 years of age, with the understanding you may not vote before your 18th birthday,
- You will have been a resident of your NJ county 30 days before the election,
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction. You have the right to vote upon completion of your sentence, probation and parole after re-registering.
- Change your name: You are entitled to vote only in the next election by signing your registration sheet at the polls with both your previous and new name. After that, you must re-register in your new name.
- Change your address: You must re-register and check off "address change" on the form. If you have moved within the county since you registered to vote and have not re-registered you have the right to vote by provisional ballot after completing an affirmation statement. Your provisional ballot serves as a registration form.
- Completed serving sentence, probation and parole for felony conviction: Fill out a voter registration form and mail into your county superintendent of elections or commissioner of registration as though you're a new voter. The county office will verify your eligibility.
Voter Registration Deadlines
The following are the 2016 election dates and deadlines to register to vote or change your address.
|Type of Election||Date||Registration Deadline|
|Nonpartisan Municipal||May 9, 2017||April 18, 2017|
|Primary||June 6, 2017||May 16, 2017
Change Party Affiliation April 12, 2017
|General Election||November 7, 2017||October 17, 2017|