These forms must be mailed or hand delivered to your county
Commissioner of Registration or Superintendent of Elections.
Faxed copies cannot be accepted because an original signature is
required to register. If you have any questions about registering,
please contact the League of Women Voters of New Jersey
at 1-800-792-VOTE (8683).
Who May Register To VoteYou can register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen,
- You will be 18 years of age by the next election,
- You will be a resident of the state and county 30 days before the election,
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
- You have the right to vote upon completion of your sentence, parole or probation after re-registering.
- Change your name: You are entitled to vote only in the next election by signing your registration sheet at the polls with both your previous and new name. After that, you must re-register in your new name.
- Change your address: You must re-register and check off "address change" on the form. If you have moved within the county since you registered to vote and have not re-registered you have the right to vote by provisional ballot after completing an affirmation statement. Your provisional ballot serves as a registration form.
Voter Registration Deadlines
The following are the 2014 election dates and deadlines to register to vote or change your address.
|Type of Election||Date||Registration Deadline|
|Fire District||February 15, 2014||January 24, 2014|
|April School Board||April 23, 2014||April 2, 2014|
|Municipal Non-Partisan||May 13, 2014||April 22, 2014|
|Primary||June 3, 2014||May 13, 2014|
|General Election||November 4, 2014||October 14, 2014|