Running and Winning
A Workshop for High School Junior and Senior Girls
2016 Program: Tuesday April 19, LEAP Academy, Camden
Every year (with one exception) since 2000, the League of Women Voters of Camden County and a group of community co-sponsors have presented a unique training opportunity for high school girls. We believe that if girls can learn about their options for political leadership, more of them will become involved. Our Running and Winning program is designed to teach them about the challenges and rewards of holding public office. Participants in the program will:
- Meet women who are the political leaders in our community such as Mayors, Freeholders, Assembly Members and Councilwomen.
- Discuss full-time and part-time leadership positions in government.
- Learn the skills necessary for running for office: networking, public speaking, campaigning.
The program has received very positive reviews from teachers and parents, but most importantly, from the participating girls. Read more about how it works.
Community co-sponsors of the program include:
- American Association of University Women
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., South Jersey Alumnae Chapter
- Cherry Hill Regional Chamber of Commerce
- The Camden Rotary Club
If you would like to talk with someone about the Running and Winning workshops, contact the of LWV Camden County at email@example.com. You may also contact us by phone - the LWVCC's voice mail is (856) 795-7878, or write to:
PO Box 245
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Last updated: Dec 9, 2015
Copyright © League of Women Voters® 2000. All rights reserved.